Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Package Related
Package Related [message #192962] Thu, 14 September 2006 07:15 Go to next message
jai_162
I have few queries:

1).Let say if we have a package 'A' & it contains pakage 'B' in it.Pacakage B contains package C.

If the pkg 'A' fails in execution.The package 'B' & package 'C' will become invalid.?

2).What is the main differences between Procedure & a package?

Eg: Package execution is faster its y so?
Why can't we do the same process in procedure & y we have to go for package?

3).Can the procedure can be overloaded?

4).Why do we use function instead of a procedure?Procedure can also return value by using OUT parameter?

5).Can LOV can be associated with more than one text item?If so how to have different return types for each text item?

Please try to answer my queries.

Regards
Jayaprakash K
Re: Package Related [message #193000 is a reply to message #192962] Thu, 14 September 2006 09:24 Go to previous message
Liza79
1). What do you mean by package A contains Package B?
If you mean that the Package B is written in the package C then clear your concept that the packages can neither be nested nor parameterized nor executed.

2) A procedure is a standalone program, which is an executable program but the packages are just used to bundle up the procedures and functions etc etc. The package cannot be executed.

3)Ya a procedure written inside a package can be overloaded.

4) A procedure cannot return a value with the help of return clause, therefore it cannot be called in a SQL SELECT statement or so....

5)yes LOV can be attached with multiple items just for the display purpose, but the return item will be the one always.

Previous Topic: grant issue
Next Topic: Please help me to use client_get_file_name()
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 13:48:00 CDT 2024