Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Fill form after LOV
Fill form after LOV [message #187984] Wed, 16 August 2006 10:40 Go to next message
dr S.A.f.

Hi,
I have a form with 3 datablocks and 1 LOV. When a user selects a value from the LOV I'd like the entire form to be populated.
But I'm new to pl/sql and forms builder and I don't really know how to accomplish this.
Can anyone help me out, or give me a url with some relevant information or some kind of tutorial

thank you.
Re: Fill form after LOV [message #188333 is a reply to message #187984] Fri, 18 August 2006 02:09 Go to previous message
sunguru_5
Hi,

There are pretty good sites on Oracle Forms but to my best of knowledge there is nothing like the Oracle Forms Developers Guide (Online Help). Incase of any problems do refer to it.It is the Best source of knowledge about Oracle Forms.

Regarding your problem here is the solution.

When you create the LOV in the LOV properties there is a property called Column Mapping properties.In this you define the column name and the return item. In the return item specify the Datablock.itemname and when the user selects the LOV value the datablock for that particular row gets populated with the LOV selected Record.

Hope this helps else just let me know.

Thanks,

Guru Prasad
Previous Topic: ORA-12560: TNS: error with protocoladapter
Next Topic: How to change the color of button/text
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 13:39:15 CDT 2024