Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » changing the text according to selection..can this be done using text_io package?  () 1 Vote
icon2.gif  changing the text according to selection..can this be done using text_io package? [message #184972] Sat, 29 July 2006 04:31 Go to next message
amul
hi
i have two langugage options in the form.one is arabic and another is english.in the pl/sql editor it will be like
form=login.fmx

in the beginning..but what i need is if the language english is selected it has to be changed to
 form=loginenglish.fmx

i.e., i want to find the postion of the form command and replace the corresponding login as loginenglish.fmx or loginarabic.fmx
is it possible to use text_io package?i am a beginner so pls guide me.
thnx in advance.
Re: changing the text according to selection..can this be done using text_io package? [message #186206 is a reply to message #184972] Mon, 07 August 2006 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
What is your configuration? 6i, 9i, 10g? What operating system are you using?

David
Re: changing the text according to selection..can this be done using text_io package? [message #186227 is a reply to message #186206] Mon, 07 August 2006 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
amul
sorry about not informing beforehand.
oracle forms 10g
windows 2000
Re: changing the text according to selection..can this be done using text_io package? [message #186249 is a reply to message #186227] Mon, 07 August 2006 03:05 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
How are your users pressing to start your form(s)? If they wish to work in a particular language, why not direct them immediately to the form in their language? For example, from the English language version the pointer starts the english version and on the other language page the pointer pints to the other language.

David
Previous Topic: Count # of records of block based on flag insert mode
Next Topic: Forms 9i - Trying to create a three reminder timer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 11:41:00 CDT 2024