Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » display values in control block
display values in control block [message #174836] Tue, 30 May 2006 14:01 Go to next message
bdrufner
Forms 9.0.4, RDBMS 9.2

I have two forms.

The first form is named CLASS and consist of one data block. I allow the user to query from several class attributes. The user will find the desired class and select the class via a button firing a WHEN BUTTON PRESSED trigger. Basis this trigger, global variables are passed to the second form, STUDENT.

The STUDENT form consist of two blocks. The first block is a control block and lists the global variables passed from the CLASS form. The global variables are display at the top of the STUDENT form for "view" purposes only (which is why I am using the control block). The second block is a data block and allows the user to query student information to find the correct student and register the student in the class selected in the CLASS form.

My problem is while I can get the global variables to display in the control block items at the top of the STUDENT form, I cannot get the cursor to automatically skip over the control block items and go directly to the STUDENT data block first item for querying purposes.

Is there an easier way to display some descriptive information from my first form in my second form, skip past those values and put the cursor into the student data block for querying? How do I dynamically move my cursor from my control block items to my data block items?

Any ideas are appreciated and welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

Barry

Re: display values in control block [message #174915 is a reply to message #174836] Wed, 31 May 2006 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jowahl
after querying the global variables in the first block move the cursor with

GO_ITEM('<blockname>.<itemname>);

to the next block.
Re: display values in control block [message #175033 is a reply to message #174836] Wed, 31 May 2006 08:13 Go to previous message
bdrufner
jowahl,

Thank you for your reply.

I called the GO_ITEM('<blockname>.<itemname>')
using a block trigger [ WHEN NEW BLOCK INSTANCE ] in my control block (first block).

Your solution worked very well.

Many thanks Cool

Barry
Previous Topic: dynamic drop down list.....
Next Topic: Compare Column Data
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:35:08 CDT 2024