Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » accessing window globally
accessing window globally [message #174638] Tue, 30 May 2006 02:57 Go to next message
kashif_Butt
hi,

i want to set window properties of called form from calling form globally,
can i access and change windows properties of forms globally??

plz help its urgent....
Re: accessing window globally [message #174659 is a reply to message #174638] Tue, 30 May 2006 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jowahl
you can store the desired properties of the calling form in global variables. in the called form read this variables (eg. PRE-FORM or WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE trigger) and set the properties.
Re: accessing window globally [message #174665 is a reply to message #174638] Tue, 30 May 2006 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kashif_Butt
yes we can access it by global variables...but my requirements r different...i need to set values at run time while both forms r executing in same session...

if we store values in global variables....we have values but how could we get those values in that form for which we want to use....is there any way to get values from global variables at the same time when global variables updated with new values.

Situation is that i press a button that is placed in calling form having timer......on expiration of timer i want to increase or decrease the size of window of called form..

Re: accessing window globally [message #174769 is a reply to message #174665] Tue, 30 May 2006 08:48 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Have you tried using the set_window_property command in the timer code?

David
Previous Topic: how to manipulate tree nodes
Next Topic: Problem calling graph(Chart) thru forms menu
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:37:55 CDT 2024