Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How 2 Run a form?
How 2 Run a form? [message #169003] Mon, 24 April 2006 10:25 Go to next message
malar_dm
Hi 2 all

Please help.I m not able to solve the problem.

While execution of form. An error message occured stating,
FRM-10142: The HTTP Listener is not running on oracle-home at port 8888. Please start the listener or check your runtime preference.

From my knowledge,I went to control panel >> Administrative Tools>>
Services>> Oracle.oradataHTTP Server. I restart this.

But it will not run.

Please help...

Thanks in advance

malar.d

[Updated on: Mon, 24 April 2006 10:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How 2 Run a form? [message #169041 is a reply to message #169003] Mon, 24 April 2006 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
If it won't work, use larger hammer. I mean, did you restart the computer or did you only try to start Oracle listener service? I'd restart it all first.

When run at the command prompt, what is result of such a command:
> lsnrctl status

Then, you might check what stands for "Edit – Preferences – Runtime – Application Server URL” in Forms Developer - should be something like "http://localhost:8888/forms90/f90servlet".

Also, if this is about MS Windows, check whether you have "Tools - Internet options – Advanced – Security – Allow active content to run in files on My Computer" set in Internet Explorer (or similar if you use another browser).

[EDIT, and probably the most important, but I forgot to mention]

Did you start OC4J instance? If not, and want your form to run, you should.

[Updated on: Tue, 25 April 2006 02:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How 2 Run a form? [message #169735 is a reply to message #169041] Fri, 28 April 2006 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
malar_dm
hi littlefoot,

Thanks for ur reply. I followed ur procedure but still i m not able 2 execute the form.

I herewith attach the printscreen for ur easy understanding.

I hope for ur good reply.

Thanks in advance.

with regards
malar.d
Re: How 2 Run a form? [message #169778 is a reply to message #169003] Fri, 28 April 2006 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
The most suspicious step was #3:

"3. I started OC4J Instance, It displayed Oracle9iAS<9.0.2.0.0> Containers for J2EE initialized and no further process executed. So i exit the window."

Well, you shouldn't have exited that window. OC4J has to run during the whole Forms session (you can, of course, minimize this window, but DO NOT CLOSE IT!
Re: How 2 Run a form? [message #171353 is a reply to message #169778] Tue, 09 May 2006 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
malar_dm
hi littlefoot,

Thanks for providing valuable tips.

i started OC4J instance. It shows oracle9iAs<9.0.2.0.0> containers for j2EE initialised. No further process takes place.One clarification is that how long this process will take.Bcoz.,i run this instance for 10 hrs.After that i exit the window.

It shows

warning: Error reading transaction - log file
/D:/orad2k/ora92/j2ee/oracle9ias/persistance/transacion.state>
for recovery:premature end of file.

Forced or abrupt<crash etc> server shutdown detected, starting recovery process..

Recovery completed, 0 connections comitted and 0 rolled back.
---

Pls reply... I m not solve this problem

Thanks in advance.

with regards
malar.d
Re: How 2 Run a form? [message #171748 is a reply to message #171353] Thu, 11 May 2006 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
This is how the OC4J window looks like; yes, it says that it is "initialized" and that's it - there's nothing futher you should do about it. Start Oracle Forms Developer and write / execute forms.

• Attachment: oc4j.JPG
    (Size: 40.73KB, Downloaded 795 times)
Re: How 2 Run a form? [message #171892 is a reply to message #171748] Fri, 12 May 2006 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
malar_dm
Hi little foot

Sorry for disturbing you. I m not able 2 solve this problem. Pls help me, its very urgent…

The steps that I followed as follows;

I started the OC4J Instance and minimize it. After that I run the form. It opens a web browser, in that I applied the address as http://home-malar:8888/forms90/f90servlet form=c:\Documents and Settings\Malar\My Documents\MODULE2.fmb.

It opened Oracle 9iAs Forms Services window . It displayed INSTALLED SUCCESSFULLY.
After that a window appeared stated that

" FRM-92120:Registry file http://home-malar:8888/forms90/java/oracle/
forms/registry/Registry.dat is missing".

And
One clarification is that how long the OC4J Instance process will take?

Pls help.

The print screen that I attached herewith for ur easy understanding.

I hope for your good reply.

Thank you
With regards
Malarvannan.d

Re: How 2 Run a form? [message #171917 is a reply to message #171892] Fri, 12 May 2006 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
OC4J has to run during your Forms session; start it before you start Forms Developer and shut it down when you close the Forms Developer. Initialization process takes a few moments.

When you run a form (CTRL + R), it opens a web browser. I didn't understand this: why did you have to type the address? It should be populated automatically.

The following might (or might not) help: try to store forms into a folder that doesn't have a blank in its name, for example:
- don't store forms into 'My Documents'
- store them into 'MyDocuments'

"Registry.dat" is missing? See this topic.
Re: How 2 Run a form? [message #177480 is a reply to message #171917] Wed, 14 June 2006 22:53 Go to previous message
malar_dm
Hi littlefoot

Thanks a lot for your help.The Oracle forms run successfully.

The mistake that i commited before is that i placed the database and d2k in the same path. So,it is not executed properly.

Now i placed it in different path.So,Forms run properly.

sorry for the delayed reply.

Thank you

with regards
malarvannan.d

Previous Topic: how to take back up of database from forms
Next Topic: :system.record_status & Execute_Query
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 11:36:11 CDT 2024