Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Restrict the grid to specific no of rows
Restrict the grid to specific no of rows [message #164417] Thu, 23 March 2006 06:21 Go to next message
aditya_gangadharam

hi all,

I have two blocks name ACCEPT and GENERATED in the accept i have only one text box and here i enter some number say 9

then my Block GENERATED should show only 9 row for the entry not more than 9 row should be visible how to do that.

thanks in advance..
aditya
Re: Restrict the grid to specific no of rows [message #164507 is a reply to message #164417] Thu, 23 March 2006 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
M0nst3r
Setting the Number of Records Displayed isn't possible using the SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY. You might try putting the multi-record block on a stacked canvas and dynamically changing the stacked canvas based on the user-entered value. Use the SET_CANVAS_PROPERTY to take this route. You'll need to base the canvas proportions on a multiple of the item proportions.
Re: Restrict the grid to specific no of rows [message #164544 is a reply to message #164507] Thu, 23 March 2006 22:46 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
You could create a non-database block with separate items for each field and row. For example, where you normally have item_a, item_b, and item_c and define that there are 3 rows, you would have item_a_1, item_b_1, item_c_1, item_a_2, item_b_2, item_c_2, item_a_3, item_b_3, and item_c_3 and define the block as having 1 row. Then place the data in the fields via a manual cursor. To not display some fields then use the set_item_property command to set their display value to 'off'.

David
Previous Topic: WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM does not work! Help!!
Next Topic: project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 07:33:03 CDT 2024