Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » how to invoke lov
how to invoke lov [message #163098] Tue, 14 March 2006 22:15 Go to next message
santosh4896

hi everybody,

i want small help from u.i created LOV with two fields:field1,field2.in runtime when i click one value for specified item that item invokes lov with that particular values if value z not found means it should search with next field IN SAME LOV ITSELF.

for example:i have two fields in lov:empid,ename.in runtime i created text items empid,ename.when i click 1(one)in text item it should invoke lov with all combinations of one's ex:1,10,11,12,13etc....if value z not found means it should search through another field in LOV ITSELF.then i will give the name like starting with N THEN IT SHOULD SHOW all combinations with N's.HOW TO WRITE source code for this?without using triggers i want it because i should put that code in pll.

please it z very urgent.it z our requirement.
Re: how to invoke lov [message #163108 is a reply to message #163098] Tue, 14 March 2006 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Please read sticky concerning punctuation and 'IM' speak. Then edit your request so that it is readable!! And what is this 'z' thing you keep asking about? This is SQL not algebra!

David
Re: how to invoke lov [message #163117 is a reply to message #163098] Wed, 15 March 2006 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
santosh4896

hi David,

i want small help from you.i created LOV with two fields:field1,field2.in runtime when i click one value for specified item that item invokes lov with that particular values if value z not found means it should search with next field IN SAME LOV ITSELF.

for example:i have two fields in lov:empid,ename.in runtime i created text items empid,ename.when i click 1(one)in text item it should invoke lov with all combinations of one's ex:1,10,11,12,13etc....if value is not found means it should search through another field in LOV ITSELF.then i will give the name like starting with N THEN IT SHOULD SHOW all combinations with N's.HOW TO WRITE source code for this?without using triggers i want it because i should put that code in pll.

please it is very urgent.it is our requirement
Re: how to invoke lov [message #163132 is a reply to message #163117] Wed, 15 March 2006 00:43 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Come on, let's have some spaces and capitals!!

<bitch mode>
Hi David,

I want small help from you. I created LOV with two fields:field1,field2. In runtime when I click one value for specified item that item invokes lov with that particular values if value [z] is(?) not found means it should search with next field IN SAME LOV ITSELF.

For example: I have two fields in lov : empid, ename. In runtime I created text items empid, ename. When I click 1(one)in text item it should invoke lov with all combinations of one's ex [what is this thing 'ex'? "for example", maybe] : 1, 10, 11, 12, 13 etc. ... If value is not found means it should search through another field in LOV ITSELF. Then I will give the name like starting with N [why 'N' and not 'A' or 'B'?] THEN IT SHOULD SHOW all combinations with N's. HOW TO WRITE source code for this? Without using triggers I want it because I should put that code in pll.

Please it is very urgent. It is our requirement.

====================================

Okay ... how about you key in the requirement, because I don't understand what you want done.
</bitch mode>

If you are working with two fields (empid and ename) then I suggest that you have two LOVs. Each LOV is based on a different record group. They both show the same fields - empid and ename, but the first record_group is ordered by empid and the second record_group is ordered by ename. This second LOV has a zero width definition for the empid field so that it will not be displayed but will be available for populating your fields. Each LOV is associated with only one field but they each return their columns to the same fields. Basically it looks as though you have the one LOV being used by the two fields, as BOTH fields are populated when you select a line, but they are actually different.

Give it a go and get back to us.

David

Previous Topic: attach pl/sql to form9i
Next Topic: hi i want execute DOS comand in form6i and run DOS command in form6i (merged)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 07:23:55 CDT 2024