Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » need help
need help [message #157486] Thu, 02 February 2006 14:31 Go to next message
royamarnath

hi
i am a member of this group. whenever i have any problem regarding oracle i have raised question in this group and i have got the answer. i am really thankfull to this group.

i have one problem now. i have two versions of forms. suppose two developer forms developed in different day. and i need to compare the two forms. i need one report which gives me the details comparison of these two forms. only thing i needed the difference[not the whole part of form] of the two form. In the Oracle developer i have found one thing i.e Object list report. but that gives the whole details of these two forms. but i need only difference of those two. I want to make one program for this thing. for that reason i need help from the group members.

i hope i have made u understand about my problem.
thanking you very much in advance

amarnath

Re: need help [message #157686 is a reply to message #157486] Fri, 03 February 2006 19:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
M0nst3r
There are a lot of source control products that may help you. Many come with code comparison features as well.
Re: need help [message #157722 is a reply to message #157486] Sat, 04 February 2006 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
royamarnath
please tell me any one of the control. i want to make coding and make a program for this. is it possible? or i have to depend for third party tool for that?
please let us know in advance..
amarnath
Re: need help [message #157724 is a reply to message #157486] Sat, 04 February 2006 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
M0nst3r
Source control software is primarily used to store old code versions of software and allow a team of developers to collaborate without introducing inconsistencies in a project's code.

For a list of source control software on the market, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_revision_control_software.

I'm not aware of any software available that will compare two .FMB files.

You might want to try converting the .FMB files into text files. Then, use MSWord's Compare and Merge Documents feature to find the differences.
Re: need help [message #157746 is a reply to message #157724] Sun, 05 February 2006 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
Don't forget that Forms uses Object IDs internally and they would rarely be the same in two Forms, so the conversion of FMB to FMT might lead to a lot of 'false positives'.

MHE

[Updated on: Sun, 05 February 2006 04:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: need help [message #158202 is a reply to message #157746] Thu, 09 February 2006 00:27 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I think FMB compare tools are listed in the FAQ. I will check later. Use either FormDiff from http://www.aug10.com/ or FormsTool from http://www.orcl-toolbox.com. I have used both. The cost of the second was less than the first.

David
Previous Topic: Problem in Conversion of forms6 to 6i and Re: Converting forms from 6 to 6i (merged)
Next Topic: state of tablespace with interface graphics
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 05:42:58 CDT 2024