Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » [URGENT] navigation from canvas to canvas
[URGENT] navigation from canvas to canvas [message #156356] Tue, 24 January 2006 21:43 Go to next message
selvakumar_82
hello friends,
I have two canvas in two different data blocks,iam able to navigate b/w canvases from the first canvas i transmit a value to second canvas where records are retrieved from db for the value and displayed in text boxes.till here idon't find any problem,along with text boxes i have a control block in which multiple values are retrieved and shown in control block but last record is shown in the first text box of control block and the remaining records are not shown in control block.when i transmit value from first canvas to second canvas text box where code is written in New Text Item.As i said the control block shows only the last record and other textboxes shows data.
Now i keep my mouse cursor three times in the New Text Item Text box ,then in the control block every records are shown.

Please clear this problem with a solution,Iam in Urgent
Re: [URGENT] navigation from canvas to canvas [message #156357 is a reply to message #156356] Tue, 24 January 2006 22:24 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Answer 1: I think you need a 'next_record' in your loop.

Answer 2: This forum is read by Forms professionals so you may write your problem using Forms descriptors. You say "from the first canvas i transmit a value to second canvas". Unless you used FTP, which we know you didn't, you actually assigned an item in block two from an item in block one.

What is "where code is written in New Text Item"? I don't understand what is or where is 'New Text Item'.

Please list the main triggers that you are using and post the code that you are using to populate this second block.

Do you need a second block? Can you just add more non-database items to your main block (populate them in the post-query trigger and via the when-validate-item on fields when you add new data) and display them on the second canvas?

David
Previous Topic: frm-40404 and frm-40403
Next Topic: Tab page problem help needed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 06:50:05 CDT 2024