Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » FRM-10054 cann't attach PL/SQL library
icon3.gif  FRM-10054 cann't attach PL/SQL library [message #155089] Thu, 12 January 2006 03:12 Go to next message
bornlooser
Dear All,

I am getting this error and i know that i have to set the path in register, but i just forgot what to set, please help me out.
expecting yr ugent attention...

Thanks to you
Bonny
Re: FRM-10054 cann't attach PL/SQL library [message #155177 is a reply to message #155089] Thu, 12 January 2006 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
In Oracle Forms Developer prior to 9i, you had to add path to your libraries into the registry; modified string was FORMS90_PATH.

In 9i and 10g, it is not necessary to mess up with registry; instead, edit forms90\server\DEFAULT.ENV file. In there you'll find FORMS90_PATH variable. Add your directory (separated with a semi-colon from the rest of the variable's value).
Re: FRM-10054 cann't attach PL/SQL library [message #155206 is a reply to message #155177] Thu, 12 January 2006 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
May I, in the strongest language permitted in a public forum, recommend that you continue to use the FORMS90_PATH to store the name of your development directory(ies) as it is used by BOTH the Developer Server and the Forms Builder. The "forms90\server\DEFAULT.ENV" file is NOT used by the Forms Builder. Therefore, the files will NOT be available to the debugger which I hold as one of the important features avilable in 9i/10g Forms.

David
Re: FRM-10054 cann't attach PL/SQL library [message #155213 is a reply to message #155206] Thu, 12 January 2006 17:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I apologize if my words mislead someone to ignorance; however, working with Forms Developer 9i/10g for several months now, I added path to my forms and object libraries attached - not PL/SQL libraries as the question said (which are in the same directory with forms) ONLY into the "default.env" file. I've just checked - no sign of it in FORMS90_PATH in registry. And guess what? Forms and debugger (tried that too right now) seem to work properly.

Now, is it the case with Object libraries and not with PL/SQL ones, I really wouldn't know. Also, I'm not educated enough to know which part of the Developer Suite is using what. Therefore, if David knows and suggests that the path should be kept in registry, I couldn't agree more. Bonny, we're doomed to the REGEDIT Wink

However, could someone explain this (excerpt from the "default.env" file):
Quote:

# Search path for Forms applications (.fmx files, PL/SQL libraries)
# If you need to include more than one directory, they should be semi-colon
# separated (e.g. /private/dir1;/private/dir2)
#
FORMS90_PATH=...

Why will files not be available to the debugger? Should I RTFM, or can someone explain it in a few words, without much effort?
Re: FRM-10054 cann't attach PL/SQL library [message #155217 is a reply to message #155213] Thu, 12 January 2006 18:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Quote:

Forms and debugger (tried that too right now) seem to work properly.
Please confirm that you were able to see the code in the PLL as well as the code in the FMB when running the debugger.

David
Re: FRM-10054 cann't attach PL/SQL library [message #155219 is a reply to message #155217] Thu, 12 January 2006 18:12 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
@Littlefoot - Concerning your quoted text.

Some people try to run multiple Developer Servers on their PC. In this situation you would have to modify the 'default.env'. However, considering the difficulties that people having running Forms Builder and just one copy of Developer Server for Forms AND Reports I also strongly recommend that they not even consider running a second copy of their Develoepr Server (it's easy to run a second PC).

David
Previous Topic: Records navigation problem
Next Topic: oracle forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 06:36:17 CDT 2024