Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » A Translation Bean Problem, guidance needed.
A Translation Bean Problem, guidance needed. [message #151158] Tue, 13 December 2005 08:09 Go to next message
mentalray01
Hello members,
first of i will like to thank everyone of the efforts they put in, to help the beginners.

Before, that i was having a Hyperlink Bean problem. It got resolved when i paid a little attenion to the problem, by the guidance of various people.

Actually, its my first month in job, totally a new candidate. My company people had given me a translation java bean to integrate in forms 9i. Before, that i checked up with Hyplerink bean, how it is integrated. Actually, i am stucked up at this bean due to the following reasons.

1)This Java Bean name is 'engine.jar' and it basically converts the english names to arabic and arabic names to english. It has the link with the dictionar as well, where the neccesaary files are availabe with it in the Data folder.

2)There are some queries i want to know, should i copy the jar file in the demo's directory? Or i should just copy it in the Java directory of forms?

3) Now when we have to set the 'Implementation class property' of the Java Bean, there are two main confusions which are occuring.

1) Basically main class of the file is embeded in the Bean itself, and they have written a JSP page to test the bean. I decomplied the bean and when i saw its package name it was given as package engine ;

mostly what i see in almost different beans there implementation class is given as oracle.forms.demos.beans.JAVA BEAN NAME but my company people have just given the packge name engine.I am stuck what i will give in the class implementaion property even when i will register the bean.

FBean.Register_Bean( cEngine, 1, 'WHAT IMPLEMENTATION CLASS')?

like i can't change the name package inside. Secondly the main class is packaged inside the bean. There are no java files that are available outside, What to do in this case?

Please first clarify me these confusions, and can tell me a step by step approach to tackle this problem, though i have the algo in mind.

Please help is urgently needed, any guidance will be highly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Ben

Upd-mod: remove crappy CR-LFs

[Updated on: Wed, 14 December 2005 22:29] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: A Translation Bean Problem, guidance needed. [message #151224 is a reply to message #151158] Tue, 13 December 2005 17:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Stop with the *&^% 40 character lines!! Its a pain to read.

Reformat it and I might read it!!!

David

[Updated on: Tue, 13 December 2005 17:35]

Re: A Translation Bean Problem, guidance needed. [message #151255 is a reply to message #151224] Wed, 14 December 2005 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mentalray01
Sorr David, i made the mistake again. Okay, lets the re-formatted again.

1)my company ppl gave me a translation bean. it is in jar format. its name is engine.jar and it has a dictionary attached widh it in folder called 'DATA'.

2) the main class of this jar file is encapsulated inside the jar package itself. and the package name company ppl have given it is 'engine'

i want to know first

1) where should i copy this jar file this time, should it be in the demo's folder or just in the 'java' directory of forms?

2) how should i set the implementation class property this like before the class properties were like

FBean.Register_Bean( eEngine, 1, 'oracle.forms.demos.bean.CLASS FILE');

this time the package name is 'engine' should i do it like this

FBean.Register_Bean( eEngine, 1, 'engine.NTEngine')

'NTEngine' = Main class file name.

Please first clarify me these, i will be obliged.
Sincerely
Ben

Upd-mod: remove more CR-LFs

[Updated on: Wed, 14 December 2005 22:31] by Moderator

Re: A Translation Bean Problem, guidance needed. [message #151447 is a reply to message #151255] Wed, 14 December 2005 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
For crying out loud get rid of the 40 characters lines!!!!

David
Re: A Translation Bean Problem, guidance needed. [message #151449 is a reply to message #151255] Wed, 14 December 2005 22:38 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Sorry to yell at you but too many people in these forums press the 'enter' key at the end of each line as they are entering their post instead of letting the software handle the long lines. The short lines are very annoying to read.

I have no idea what to do with this Java Bean. Does you employer have licences for their software? (Don't answer that question here.) If they do have licences then they and you should have access to metalink. Put this question up to them (but do us all a favour, run a spelling checker over your request before you put it in to them).

Have you installed the webutil demo yet? You should be getting a good idea of where you have to place your jar files from that documentation.

David
Previous Topic: Displaying Image in Forms 6i from BLOB Database field
Next Topic: insert time value
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 06:47:33 CDT 2024