Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Forms and passwords
Forms and passwords [message #150783] Fri, 09 December 2005 12:45 Go to next message
Hey guys, Sorry for another newbie question but I have been trying to make a form that will give the user the choice of which other forms they want to view but will also allow them ot select if they want to just have a mode where they can query the data or a password protected mode where they can update, insert etc.

However after many attempts using triggers i'm stuck on how to restrict the data in this way. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Re: Forms and passwords [message #150887 is a reply to message #150783] Sun, 11 December 2005 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was also wondering where in the form would i insert the code for this as the only options I have are things like triggers, alerts and Lovs? Thanks.
Re: Forms and passwords [message #150916 is a reply to message #150887] Sun, 11 December 2005 23:47 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
You can restrict a user to query only or insert/update/delete plus query by using the Set_Block_Property. Design the form with all attributes turned on. Then show them a small window with the question and password field. Use that information to possibly turn off the insert/update/delete attributes to the block and then pass them on to the 'working/main' window and canvas.

There are other ways of doing similar things by having a splash form which asks whether they want to query or update something and depending on their answer when they either press a 'button' or use the dropdown menu you open a form which has only the logic that they require. This means that you have two forms per 'table' but in many installation this is a minor overhead. You can also control access to these forms via database role.

David
Previous Topic: Help me List the filters
Next Topic: Connection Error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 06:22:44 CDT 2024