Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Forms Gurus pls help??
Forms Gurus pls help?? [message #147754] Sun, 20 November 2005 22:13 Go to next message
ramisy2k
Hi,

I have a multi record block Form showing 12 records in 6 columns (items) (COL_A, COL_B, COL_C, COL_D, COL_E, COL_F) at a time..

on the canvas I have a tlist and another poplist which are non-db items..I pass the values from tlist or poplist to six different non-db single record display items (ITEM_1, ITEM_2, ITEM_3, ITEM_4, ITEM_5, ITEM_6) also shown on the canvas

Now, I want the values in the non db display items to be inserted/updated into the first, third, sixth and ninth record of the db block on the push of a button..

where col_a = ITEM_1
col_b = ITEM_2
col_c = ITEM_3
col_d = ITEM_4
col_e = ITEM_5
col_f = ITEM_6

(the above association of db and non-db items will remain always)

secondly, if changes are made in the non-db display items through tlist or poplist then on the push of a button the same values should be updated in the respective records of the respectve items.

I would appreciate if any one tells me how..

regards,

[Updated on: Sun, 20 November 2005 22:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Forms Gurus pls help?? [message #147783 is a reply to message #147754] Mon, 21 November 2005 01:11 Go to previous message
Maaher
ramisy2k wrote on Mon, 21 November 2005 05:13

Now, I want the values in the non db display items to be inserted/updated into the first, third, sixth and ninth record of the db block on the push of a button..
Are you talking about records or columns here? Because this:

where col_a = ITEM_1
col_b = ITEM_2
col_c = ITEM_3
col_d = ITEM_4
col_e = ITEM_5
col_f = ITEM_6
got me confused.

secondly, if changes are made in the non-db display items through tlist or poplist then on the push of a button the same values should be updated in the respective records of the respectve items.

Allow me to recapulate:
  1. you have six non-db items.
  2. you have a multirecord block with columns corresponding to your non-db items.
  3. you want changes in your non-db items to be reflected to your db-items in the other block
  4. you want the changes to be made in multiple records based on a given criterion

First question: How are you defining 'First', 'Third', 'Ninth',...You need to positively and uniquely identify the records and not based on the order of retrieval because that might change. I've been on quite some crusade to convince people that Oracle knows NO NATURAL ORDER in it's data retrieval. It is part of the nature of the database. So, unless you provide an ORDER BY, you cannot accomplish your task in a consistent manner.

Now, assuming that you did the above. You can
a) create a program unit to update the records on the database and requery the multirecord block.
b) use GO_RECORD and update the records in the multi-record block.

HTH,
MHE

Previous Topic: can i get the session information in the form.. urgently
Next Topic: is oracle 8 compatible with d2k?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 03:49:17 CDT 2024