Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » PROBLEM WITH RUNNING FORM FROM FORMS BUILDER
PROBLEM WITH RUNNING FORM FROM FORMS BUILDER [message #145017] Mon, 31 October 2005 05:20 Go to next message
nayn43@hotmail.com
Hello,

I am currently a new user for Oracle 9i Forms builder running in windows. I get following message when trying to run a form from the forms builder:

FRM-10142: The HTTP Listener is not running on SUFYAN at port 8889. Please start the listener or check your runtime preferences.

I have taken the listed steps to solve the problem, bu have been unsuccessful:

1. Checked the preferences on the forms builder - this appears to be set correctly:
'http://SUFYAN:8889/forms/frmservlet'

2. Started the OC4J Instance from the oracle developer/forms developer menu - appears to have worked

3. Ran the form test from the web using the option 'Run a form from web' from the forms developer menu - this failed

4. Tried the listed URLS on the web browser:

http://SUFYAN:8889/forms/frmservelet
http://SUFYAN:8889/j2ee
http://127.0.0.1:8889/j2ee

all of these failed
5. Repeated steps 1- 4 for ports 8888,8890 - failed

Where do you guys think I am going wrong????

Nayna
Re: PROBLEM WITH RUNNING FORM FROM FORMS BUILDER [message #145090 is a reply to message #145017] Mon, 31 October 2005 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
What is in your HOSTS file? Look in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc

Do you have a 127.0.0.1 entry?

David
Re: PROBLEM WITH RUNNING FORM FROM FORMS BUILDER [message #145092 is a reply to message #145090] Mon, 31 October 2005 19:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
It should look like this:
# For example:
#
#      102.54.94.97     rhino.acme.com          # source server
#       38.25.63.10     x.acme.com              # x client host

127.0.0.1       localhost

David
Re: PROBLEM WITH RUNNING FORM FROM FORMS BUILDER [message #145447 is a reply to message #145092] Thu, 03 November 2005 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nayn43@hotmail.com
Yes it does look like that exactly.

What do i do next?

Nayna
Re: PROBLEM WITH RUNNING FORM FROM FORMS BUILDER [message #145567 is a reply to message #145447] Thu, 03 November 2005 19:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Okay ... we have to work out EXACTLY the name and port of your Developer Server.

@anyone: Where is the best place to find the port number?

I think your port SHOULD be 8888.

@Nayna: Have a look in 'C:\oracle\ora9i\reports\conf\ rwservlet.properties' and see if you have a line like the following 'SERVER=rep_<machine_sid>'? What does this file think is the 'machine_sid'?

David

Mod: Change 'thing' to 'think' in last sentence

[Updated on: Sun, 06 November 2005 18:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: PROBLEM WITH RUNNING FORM FROM FORMS BUILDER [message #145617 is a reply to message #145567] Fri, 04 November 2005 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nayn43@hotmail.com
Hello David,

I coun't find ora9i, so now i am bit unsure of what version I have. The database is definately 10g. The forms and reports are under DevSuiteHome_1.

I found a file regarding properties, please find them attached. It does not have SERVER=rep-<machine_sid>'.

Thanks

nayna
Re: PROBLEM WITH RUNNING FORM FROM FORMS BUILDER [message #145785 is a reply to message #145617] Sun, 06 November 2005 18:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
What is the root directory for your Oracle system? [C:\Oracle ?]

What subdirectories do you have under that root directory?

How many Oracle home do you have? [Look in your register under 'My Computer\KHEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE] Search this forum for 'Oracle home' and you will see the next questions that I will be asking.

David
Re: PROBLEM WITH RUNNING FORM FROM FORMS BUILDER [message #145911 is a reply to message #145785] Mon, 07 November 2005 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nayn43@hotmail.com
Dear David,

Please find attached documents which include outline of the oracle directories/subdirectories as you requested.

What next?

Nayna
Re: PROBLEM WITH RUNNING FORM FROM FORMS BUILDER [message #146858 is a reply to message #145911] Mon, 14 November 2005 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nayn43@hotmail.com
Dear David,

Just wondering if you had any more ideas for my problem - still doesnot work.Not sure of the port.

Thanks

nayna
Re: PROBLEM WITH RUNNING FORM FROM FORMS BUILDER [message #146950 is a reply to message #146858] Mon, 14 November 2005 18:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
In your first post you said:
Quote:

Ran the form test from the web using the option 'Run a form from web' from the forms developer menu - this failed
Please post the message, both error number and error text, that you received.

You have two oracle homes - please verify that either you have the same contents in the two tnsnames.ora files (in network/admin) or that one has an 'ifile' to the other. Search this forum for 'ifile' to see what it does.

Is there anyone from your course that can assist you in the installation? Forms development installation and testing should be a cooperative not competitive activity. Ask someone local to help you.

David
Re: PROBLEM WITH RUNNING FORM FROM FORMS BUILDER [message #147039 is a reply to message #146950] Tue, 15 November 2005 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nayn43@hotmail.com
Dear David,

Yes the tsnnames.ora files (in network/admin) has same contents.

The option 'run form from web' had listed input and output:

Input
-----

OracleAS Forms Services

Welcome to the OracleAS Forms Services Run/Test page
This HTML form may be used to run any Forms application on the web

Runform parameters:
Form: test.fmx
Userid: system
Config: default
Look and Feel: Oracle
Color scheme: Blue
Other Parameters: useSDI=yes

Web listener (HTTPD) details:
Web host: SUFYAN
Web port: 8889

Run a form / Reset

OUTPUT
------

http://sufyan:8889/forms/frmservlet?form=test.fmx&userid=SYSTEM&otherparams=useSDI=yes&lookAndFeel=oracle&colorScheme =blue

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

etc....
------------------------------------------------------

Thanks

Nayna

[Updated on: Tue, 15 November 2005 08:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: PROBLEM WITH RUNNING FORM FROM FORMS BUILDER [message #147110 is a reply to message #147039] Tue, 15 November 2005 17:16 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Sorry but I am going to be away for a couple of weeks, someone else is going to have to finish this off gor you.

I don't understand why your port is 8889 and not 8888. Have you installed Forms more than once without rebooting before installing it the second time? Please search this forum for problem simiar to yours. USe the 'whole of site' search facility and look for '8888' and '8889'.

I am sure other people have had this problem and solved it. Search for threads and try 'private email' to get their interest.

David
Previous Topic: PLL and Object Library
Next Topic: Oracle Forms 6i Documentation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 03:43:11 CDT 2024