Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » gray out fields in default menu
gray out fields in default menu [message #139579] Wed, 28 September 2005 13:34 Go to next message
bdrufner
I am using Forms 9.0.4 and would like to gray out certain fields like RECORD / REMOVE to stop the user from deleting records.

Is there a way to do this?

TIA
Barry
Re: gray out fields in default menu [message #139582 is a reply to message #139579] Wed, 28 September 2005 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kiran
Not sure how far we can change the Forms Menu properties.
But for the user-defined menu , you can change by using "SET_MENU_ITEM_PROPERTY" built-in.

Searching for the answer like is there any built-in to change forms menu.Will post if i get.

If you get to know anything on this please post.

--Kiran.
Re: gray out fields in default menu [message #139629 is a reply to message #139582] Wed, 28 September 2005 19:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Try making the block's 'DELETE' property 'false' - Forms should 'grey' it out automatically.

David
icon7.gif  Re: gray out fields in default menu [message #139755 is a reply to message #139579] Thu, 29 September 2005 08:16 Go to previous message
bdrufner
Thanks for everyone's response. I am new to Forms, but not Oracle so anything in my note that is not valid, I invite your thoughts.

In order to share with others who might check out this issue, here is what I found out.

On David's suggestion about setting the block property of DATABASE > DELETE ALLOWED to No, this will stop the user from being able to delete the record as David has suggested, however, this will not gray out REMOVE from the toolbar in web forms. IF I am wrong, please advise.

David, thanks for your feedback as this will suffice. But I am curious if anyone knows how to gray out the REMOVE reference (or any reference) from the toolbar of the "default" menu supplied by Oracle. Please advise.

On Kiran's response about using the SET_MENU_ITEM_PROPERTY built-in, he is correct ( I think ) - you could use this approach IF it was a "user defined" menu. Since it is not and there is no reference under the MENU node in the FORMS module, there is no way to attach this action.

Anyway, again, thanks for the feedback. It is appreciated.

Barry
Previous Topic: DDE for WEB Forms
Next Topic: Trapping Forms internal error in key_commit trigger
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 01:27:27 CDT 2024