Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Password Change Screen
Password Change Screen [message #80565] Mon, 14 October 2002 15:11 Go to next message
fokker
I'm trying to create a change password screen, but I'm running into the problem of verifying the user. I want the user to verify his/her current password before changing it in this screen. What I tried was having a text item for the old password, and a text item for the new password. When the user submits his/her old and new password, the form will attempt to login again to the database using the old password. (using the Logon procedure) If it fails the user's password is not changed. However, you have to logout before you can logon, so if the user enters in an invalid password, and then decides he/she doesn't want to change it anymore, the user is no longer logged into the application at all. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm sure someone must have created a password change screen before...
Re: Password Change Screen [message #80582 is a reply to message #80565] Wed, 16 October 2002 18:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Susane
hi!
check if this can help you. We have password change thru forms and ready to use by users if they wanted to change their password. Please check if this can help you..

trigger after new password (key-next-item)

DECLARE
UN VARCHAR2(8);
PW VARCHAR2(8);
CN VARCHAR2(8);
NumAlertButtonNO NUMBER;
BEGIN
UN := GET_APPLICATION_PROPERTY(USERNAME);
PW := GET_APPLICATION_PROPERTY(PASSWORD);
CN := GET_APPLICATION_PROPERTY(CONNECT_STRING);

IF :USER_NAME.NEW_PASSWORD IS NULL THEN
BELL;
MESSAGE('Please enter new password. ');
MESSAGE(' ');
GO_ITEM('USER_NAME.NEW_PASSWORD');
RAISE FORM_TRIGGER_FAILURE;
ELSIF :USER_NAME.CONFIRM_PASSWORD IS NULL THEN
BELL;
MESSAGE('Please enter confirm password for Verification ');
MESSAGE(' ');
GO_ITEM('USER_NAME.CONFIRM_PASSWORD');
ELSIF :USER_NAME.NEW_PASSWORD != :USER_NAME.CONFIRM_PASSWORD THEN
BELL;
GO_ITEM('USER_NAME.CONFIRM_PASSWORD');
MESSAGE('Incorrect Confirm Password. VERIFICATION FAILED. ');
MESSAGE(' ');
:USER_NAME.CONFIRM_PASSWORD := NULL;
END IF;

IF PW = :USER_NAME.OLD_PASSWORD THEN
NumAlertbuttonNO := show_alert('Warning_Error');
IF NumAlertButtonNo = Alert_button1 then
FORMS_DDL('ALTER USER ' || UN || ' IDENTIFIED BY ' ||
:USER_NAME.NEW_PASSWORD);
MESSAGE('Password has been succesfully updated. ');
:USER_NAME.OLD_PASSWORD := NULL;
:USER_NAME.NEW_PASSWORD := NULL;
EXIT_FORM;
ELSE
IF NumAlertButtonNo = Alert_button2 then
message('Password update Cancelled');
:USER_NAME.OLD_PASSWORD := NULL;
:USER_NAME.NEW_PASSWORD := NULL;
GO_ITEM('USER_NAME.OLD_PASSWORD');
END IF;
END IF;
END IF;
END;
Re: Password Change Screen [message #80592 is a reply to message #80582] Fri, 18 October 2002 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Swamy
Hi,
I am using this type of code in Forms9i and Database9i. Also, I am using "ALTER user IDENTIFIED BY oldpassword REPLACE newpassword" command, as in our database PASSWORD VERIFY FUNCTION is implemented. When this function is on, the normal ALTER user IDENTIFIED BY newpassword won't work. Now I have another problem. The above procedure doesn't work, when the password already expires. I am searching for a solution for a long time. Any help I appreciate.
Re: Password Change Screen [message #81118 is a reply to message #80565] Thu, 09 January 2003 18:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ERIC KING
No Message Body
Re: Password Change Screen [message #154941 is a reply to message #80582] Wed, 11 January 2006 07:59 Go to previous message
orcl_dba
Hi....
well there is one problem with this type of thing.
Oracle always treats password in CAPS, instead of small/mixed letters, i have tried using it and it alwasys gives you CAAPS pasword even if you have typed in small letters.
THis is the reason pasword change form alwasys gives me error while authenticating through old pasword.....

i wonder what will happen if user uses mixed CASE ,,, eg.

AbvngERTY...

ANybody plz reply,, this problem if overcome,then this form can be use as LOGON form.. as well.....

Hope anybody is practically using it.. isnt it ..
Kindly have your input please, thnx alot.
Previous Topic: Trigger Form 4.5.9.7
Next Topic: which radio button is clicked
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 06:22:47 CDT 2024